The Medical Retrieval and Consultation Centre is run by specialists skilled in critical care, comfortable with remote risk assessments and able to navigate the complex logistical challenges of a service that provides long distance retrievals. It is designed to provide a single point of contact for remote practitioners to access expert clinical advice on the management of patients including the escalation to retrieval when required.
This consultant-led service operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We are looking for people willing to contribute to the growth of the service, and who are prepared to commit to a physical presence in Central Australia.
Positions of up to 0.5 FTE will be offered in the retrieval service, with the remaining FTE to be negotiated with your base speciality.
- Current AHPRA and Specialist registration (ACEM, ACCRM, CICM, ANZCA, RACGP).
- 6 months retrieval experience, or a commitment to 3 – 6 months of clinical retrieval shifts prior to transitioning to co-ordination.
- Clinical proficiency in the broad range of emergency presentations, critical care medicine and trauma management.
- High attention to detail with excellent time-management skills, teamwork and communication.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a willingness to learn new systems.